The Forth Rivers Trust is hiring.
The Forth Rivers Trust is looking for two enthusiastic Trust assistants to work with the team to undertake various roles to deliver the Trust’s aims and objectives.
The Trust works with landowners, community groups, NGOs, and other stakeholders groups across the Forth District to advance environmental protection and improvement by conserving and enhancing all species of freshwater fish and their environments. The organisation undertakes these activities primarily, but not limited to, the inland and
coastal waters which enter the Forth Estuary and Firth of Forth.
These rivers include: Biel Water, Tyne, Esks, Water of Leith, Almond, Avon, Carron, Forth, Teith, Bannockburn, Allan Water, Devon, Black Devon and Leven.
The successful candidate would be line managed by the Trust’s Operations & Development Manager who is responsible to the Trust’s Director.
The Trust operates in a variety of fields including project work, science-based work, consultancy, day to day operations and also works closely with the Forth District Salmon Fishery Board. The successful candidate will support staff delivering the Trust’s work within this range of fields.
River Restoration and Engagement
• Invasive Non-Native Species control
• Riparian and habitat improvement projects
• In-stream river restoration (e.g. bank protection etc)
• Assisting with Trust educational projects such as Fish in the Classroom
• Supporting Trust biologists with annual Electrofishing surveys
• Assisting with the collection of environmental data gathered by the Trust (invertebrate monitoring, temperature monitoring, mammal surveys)
• Assisting with site assessment projects
• Some weekend and distance working across various locations in Scotland may be required
Operations and General Admin.
• Assisting Trust staff with media engagement (social media, websites, newsletters)
• Assisting with mapping, gathering project specific information
• Supporting Trust staff with funding applications, including gathering evidence for applications
• Assisting the Senior Biologist with stock and upkeep of Trust equipment and regular safety checks
• Assistance with general admin. tasks such as booking venues, updating calendars, purchasing, etc.
• General assistance and upkeep of Trust vehicles
• Assisting with engaging communities, landowners and delivering events
Assisting with the day to day running of the office, including answering telephones, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
Any other activities required by Trust management
If you would like to apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for applications is 19th October with interviews on the 2nd November.
Job description can be found here- Trust Assistant – Job Description