River Fly Partnership Coordination
Whilst the Trust undertakes formal monitoring of the rivers by means of electro fishing, the rivers and the improvements can be monitored by local groups using a technique called kicksampling. Some angling groups already have some members trained but there is a lack of coordination since the initial training and centralised place in which to up load the data to.
During the delivery phase the Trust will:
- Coordinate the existing trained volunteers on the two rivers.
- Arrange for training by the riverfly partnership for additional volunteers to be trained including extending the training to groups outside the angling community.
- Provide equipment for the training and for issue to the volunteers
- Liaise with SEPA on monitoring locations and baseline data.
- Develop a centralise web based reporting site for the volunteers (with access for SEPA to be able to monitor results)
- Run an education programme with local primary schools.
- Undertaking talks to community groups on the project and the benefits of the work.
- Local angling groups
- Other local community groups
With thanks to our funder’s