Applications are now closed.
Next round of applications will be announced soon.
As part of the RiverLife: Almond & Avon project, there is a small grants fund totalling £40,000 over four years.
This fund is intended to support individuals, organisations, and communities seeking assistance with their own projects which also meet RiverLife: Almond & Avon’s objectives. From art to practical environmental work, this fund is to improve our rivers and river corridors for the benefit of the community and reconnect communities and wildlife with their local rivers. It is open to organisations or groups from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors from within the RiverLife: Almond & Avon project area.
To qualify, projects MUST fulfil one or more of the following essential criteria:-
- improve understanding of the natural heritage along rivers
- capture and tell stories about changing rivers;
- restore, manage and survey river habitats;
- actively involve people in caring for their river;
- improve access to the river whilst also managing the impacts of that access;
- work with young people to inspire the next generation of river custodians;
- produce materials that enhance people’s experience of rivers;
- increase people’s ability to be involved with rivers either through training or engagement events.
Funds will be allocated over each of the application windows in roughly equal amounts, but this is not an absolute requirement and the assessment panel will have some discretion to bring funding forward should there be excellent applications totalling more than the allocated funds for that application window. Equally, the assessment panel reserves the right not to allocate all the money available in any given year if there should be insufficient applications of the required quality.
It is expected that individual grants will normally be in the range £250 – £5,000 although there are no set limits.
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss possible applications with the RiverLife: Almond & Avon Project team to ensure eligibility and help maximise the chances of a successful application.
There will be up to two application windows each year, one at the end of March and one at the end of October.
Project must be with the RiverLife: Almond & Avon boundary.